What to do today:
- Bite on gauze for 30 minutes — if bleeding persists, place new gauze for an additional 30 minutes.
- Use ice pack — 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off for the first day
- Rest — take it easy today
- Drink liquids and eat soft foods — no alcohol or anything hot (lukewarm is good)
- Take medication as prescribed
What not to do:
- Don't smoke! — forever, but at least 48 hours
- Don't use a straw
- Don't drink alcoholic beverages
- Don't drink hot liquids
- Don't rinse or spit
In the days following extraction, there may be swelling or soreness. Take medications as prescribed, eat healthy, keep mouth clean with brush and floss and after the first 24 hours you can rinse gently with warm salt water several times a day. If there are any questions or problems, please call our office.