What to expect:
- Expect to be numb for 2-4 hours following treatment. It is best not to eat or drink until you are no longer numb.
- Some continued bleeding of the gums may occur after treatment, and may continue to be present during home care until tissues heal (i.e. while flossing).
- After treatment it is not uncommon for the teeth to be sensitive, in general, to cold, hot, or sweets. This will gradually subside over days to weeks and if it persists there are treatments available.
- Avoid hard or crunchy foods for a few days after treatment.
- Use ibuprofen (Advil) or acetaminophen (Tylenol) for post-operative discomfort.
- Continue with excellent home care habits of brushing and flossing.